Sunday, August 19, 2012

Text Highlight PHP:Text_Highlighter PEAR & CSS File

Recently, I had a problem with the Text Highlighter obtained from the PHP PEAR repository. I thought I was following all the instructions but it seemed the code was not highlighting the text with color (i.e. beautifying it). Here are the steps I took to get the Text_Highlighter working on this site:

1) First you need to install the PEAR TEXT_HIGHLIGHTER. Google 'pear php.' Then search for 'text highlighter.'

Type this: pear install Text_Highlighter-0.7.1 (or whatever is the latest, Ponds dry skin cream stable version and replace with the appropriate numbers). I had a problem with Bluehost.com where I currently host some of my websites. I ran this pear install Text_Highlighter-0.7.1 via PuTTY;however, I received an error that the Text Highlighter files could not be found. So I attempted to change the php.ini file on the line include_path but it didn't work. So I used the PHP set_include_path() function as so:



2) Then I set a require_once() function to the Text Highlighter file. I placed the following code right after my body tags:

No comments:

Post a Comment